Sunday, March 3, 2013

Infertile Night Owl?


I was reading Marilyn Shannon's book (again) that I got when we learned Sympto-thermal.  In her chapter on Infertility in Women she has a section on Night Lighting.  I usually kind of laugh a little and think of how I light my night light in our Master bath that makes enough light for me to be safe getting up and down at night and then hope that's not it.  

Well, I figured it couldn't hurt to look up the doctor she was referring to which took me to this article.  Very interesting!  I wonder if wearing an eye mask to sleep in would help and then allow me to keep the night light on just in case.
A simple google search of "sleep infertility" brought up this citing 8 bad habits that could be contributing to infertility.  Yup, the first one is staying up too late at night.  Super guilty.  

I've never been a morning person and I can stay up good and late.  Sometimes I feel like it's a bad habit but most times I think my internal clock is just perpetually off of the rest of normal humanity.  I consulted with my dr and she suggested Melatonin supplements in the evenings on prepeak days that I needed help getting sleepy at a normal time.

So I’ll have to keep all this in mind and maybe do some more research or bring it to my doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment