Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What went right??????

Maybe this is a tad weird, and if you're not from the Napro/IF community it's probably TMI so tune back in some other time but in case you're in a similar situation here's some things that may have gone into being able to get pregnant after years of secondary IF.  I have stumbled on some posts about what may have worked for others and it was always interesting to see what others' have been doing.

My husband, an engineer, also wanted me to write it down so we would have the data to refer to later. HA!

Of course, these things are mysterious, no one will ever know what exactly it was that made this time different from the last 23+ cycles, but for what it's worth, here goes:

Things we were doing/did differently that may have contributed:
- LDN (this was the first cycle will the full dose every day from CD1)
- diet change for me- gluten free, dairy free
- post peak progesterone supplement
- mucinex (taken around 11am and 11pm with plenty of water)
- vitamins- prenatal
- fish oil morning and night
- Men's FertilityBlend vitamin's for DH morning and night and 1000mg of C

Here's the TMI part but I think the most interesting:
- one week of daily morning "baby dancing" with projected peak day in the middle of the week.  I know morning isn't Creigh,ton suggested but when we went back to see what we did when trying for number one, that was something we did on the cycle that worked with him, so we figured we'd try that again.  And it worked again.  Do the little guys swim better in the morning?  Did I have have lots of great usable mucus before I stood up and got moving for the day? WHO KNOWS!  I also dozed on my back for an hour afterward while DH got ready for work, also not Creigh.ton method suggested, but again, what we did the first time.

Sooooo, welcome to my personal life :)  No really, I'm a firm believer that hearing other's experiences can help us see things differently, give us ideas of things to try or just help us realize how many ways there are to get to the same goal.  So there you have it, what MIGHT have worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment