Saturday, June 15, 2013

It's a no ice cream summer... AHHHH!

An update in treatment:
I'm mid-cycle at the moment and trying to be hopeful.  I'm doing pretty well with everything right now because we have a list of things to do and try so even if it's not this month.  This month I began the Low Dose Nal.trexone or LDN.  Dr. S was saying that it should help with anxiety, cortisol and overall immune health.  All of this could mean that the inflammation (what we currently are pursuing as the issue) could go down while on this med.  I've already starting the vivid dreams that come with the LDN... and I thought it would be scary but they're actually kinda fun.  It's usually what I would normally dream about just more often and maybe a little more detailed.

Along with the LDN I'm going gluten free and dairy free. This was after reading this post and the links that she offered to Dr. Boyle's work.  He hates giving his patients diets but when he uses LDN he suggests they go GF and DF because it seems to make the med more effective consistently.  I have nothing to lose but my favorite foods so I'm going for it. (btw, if you've thought at all about LDN or am a Napro Nerd like me, you'll find his presentation very interesting.  Many thanks to the blogger who posted it!) I'm giving up pizza and cheese and cake and ice cream all just in case it means that I can get pregnant.  Every once in awhile I hear that bitter voice in the back of my head saying, "but other girls don't have to eat right or sleep right or .... to get pregnant" but you know what, I have to play the hand of cards that life dealt to me.  I can either whine to God about it or ask him to help me.  (this is not to say in any way that this is easy or I think like this all the time, if you've read anything on this blog you know this :) )

2 comments:

  1. I've been gluten-free for almost 2 years now and it has been easier than I expected. I'm trying to let go of dairy, but I've decided that can wait until summer is over and I don't want ice cream daily :).

    Sending prayers your way!

    And you are so right about that voice that says "other girls don't have to do xyz..." The devil sure knows how to attack us, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Rachel...I know it isn't easy but when you find a few meals you can live with and start to recycle them it becomes a little easier. I have to admit I had an old college roommate in town and I did not do as well with my anti-inflammatory diet as I had been while she was here. SO, that just means I will try extra hard this week. I am going in for Sonogram number 4 today of my sono series...i gotta say my follicle seems to be taking its sweet time...but it does seem to be growing! My chart looks kinda crazy this month. Did chlomid make your mucas cycle start late? It seems to have for me both months. The follicle seems to be developing on the left side this month which is a good thing in that is the side Dr. S wants me to get pregnant in but a bad thing because we cannot really access that side right now...so praying for some GOOD SWIMMERS to magically make there way to the "unknown" left side!

    Thinking and praying for you! Let me know if you have a good free day that you and ben could come swim!!!

    ReplyDelete