Friday, July 19, 2013

Random Quick Takes 7-19-2013

Not linking with Jen because this would be a weird post to stumble on.
Some things I've found out about myself...

1.  Some good old fashioned sweating exercise does wonders for anxiety.  I should do more of it!

2. The cycle saint for this cycle is St. Gemma Galgani.  Just FYI, if I got pregnant this cycle there's a very good chance I would be due on her feast day of April 11th.  Yup, I did the math :)

3. Sometimes I feel better when I haven't had enough sleep... I know, it doesn't make sense.

4. I can't look at facebook too much.  Waaaaay too many babies and bump pics.  I think I am a magnet for pregnant bellies, I see them eeeeeverywhere!

5. I've caught myself more than once having the thought of maybe I just can't handle the anxiety another baby would bring (SIDS, birth, nursing, etc.).  Those thoughts scare me, better a road less travelled.  I just have to tell myself that in all things, God will give me the grace I need when I need it.  He hasn't failed me yet.

6. Because of the anti-inflammatory diet for 5 months followed by gluten free/dairy free 2 months this year I've lost almost 20 pounds.  I'm down to the weight I was when I got my drivers' license... what, what!?  Just a little perk of being in conception-ready mode I guess.

7. If I'm not pregnant soon and have to sit in my quiet house while my little one goes to preschool I may have some kind of melt-down.  Check that, I WILL have a meltdown and start looking for a job or something to fill my time because quiet house naptimes are bad enough right now.



1 comment:

  1. You are so right about exercise being a cure for anxiety!

    Praying that St. Gemma is interceding for you right now :).

    Hmm, I hear ya on sleep, it seems weird but I often feel better when I've had less than enough sleep.

    I didn't go dairy free (though I don't eat much dairy other than cheese and ice cream), but gluten-free did wonders for my weight.

    ReplyDelete