Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Feeling the love

 "When we honestly ask ourselves which [people] in our lies mean the most to us, we often find that is those who instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.  The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair of confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."  ~Henri J. M. Nouwen

I feel like I should thank all my "Elizabeths" out there.  I mean those women who, through their prayers, blog posts, walking/play dates, conversations, chart sharings, emails, etc. have been the Elizabeth to my Mary or the Mary to my Elizabeth :)  It is such an amazing blessing to not be alone, whether or not we even share the same cross.

Thank you thank you!

This post has, no doubt, stemmed from some encounters in the last couple weeks and this post from The Road Home (READ HER BLOG!).

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote. It is so so true. And thank-you for the link love :) and for being here and sharing in this pain.

    ReplyDelete