Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dreary

This is going to be a loooooong day.  My young one is wondering why his mommy is so tired, sad and staring out into space this morning.  And it's not even 10am yet.  It's raining and I feel like that's just how I feel, dreary, even after yesterday's positive sono.  I think some days the cross you carry is just a little harder to lift, no matter what cross it is.  

It all may have something to do with a friend announcing she was pregnant, an unexpected challenge for her at this time in her life.  Hard to hear but I do get it.  I sympathized with her and showed my support and congratulations but then the conversation in the room went to "everybody's getting pregnant right now" and "there's definitely a baby boom going on." I felt like I was doing well keeping my own feelings at bay in the moment but I think the after comments got stuck echoing in my head as I left.  I woke up just wanting to say to somebody, "well... not everybody."

So I'll just say it to my blog :)


2 comments:

  1. Nope, not every body.

    I know what you mean about the comments echoing in your head - sometimes the echo is worse than the original.

    Prayers that your day got better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The cloud lifted the next day, gotta keep hoping with some prayer and perspective :)

      Delete