Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New day, new cycle

The hubs listened so well this morning as I threw out some of my frustrating thoughts and he even agreed that he's getting to that point where he's wondering what God wants us to be doing with our time.  We have this sense that we're just stuck and waiting to get back on track.  Actually, that's the brighter side of things.  I realized that the dreary day a few weeks ago was really because it hit me hard, for whatever reason that this might be it, I may have secondary infertility forever.  After a year and a half, surgery and Napro protocol you'd think it would have sunk in by now, and it has to some degree.  I have a good cry around CD 1 each month because it hits me harder and is that much more real.  On a day to day basis though, I'm in some sort of denial, that soon we'll figure it out, fix it and get on with my vocation of being a mom to many...

But reality calls. Time to call for a Cycle Review and find a new cycle saint.  I'm looking forward to the biopsy (as much as one can look forward to a biopsy, ug) because as always, I'm just hoping for more info into anything that could be causing this wait. I also am wanting to see my estrodiol level without the clomid for the first time in 8 months.  It seemed to go up a little in the last few months even while I kept the same level of clomid, so maybe with the help of the Anti-inflammatory diet?  If I could not do a drug to help with with Estrodiol that would be great.  There's a good chance I'll still end up with Letrozole though.

Cycle saint (thanks to the Saint Generator from Jen Fulwiler): St. Andrew Dung Lac
He was a Vietnamese priest executed by beheading in 1839. He is a saint and martyr of the Catholic Church. I'm thinking he'll give me some perspective on suffering :)

Still keeping up with the Gianna novena.

Offering up my physical pain for those in the IF blogging community and my IRL friends who are dealing with grief.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry :(. I feel like we are in a similar place - almost a year and half since surgery with NaPro protocol and nothing. It is a scary place, as certainly there are pregnancies that happen after this point, but they are much rarer.

    Sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you shared your blog with me... I had no idea you had been doing this. I have enjoyed your reflections and feelings and can relate with lots of them. I am certainly not giving up and I don't think you guys should either. I understand the balance of reality and hope....but I choose faith and hope. We need to get together just the 2 of us soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if we each have to go through something like this we might as well share it, right! Your friendship is such a blessing to me Molly, I look forward to hearing more about how everything plays out in your life. You guys are always in our prayers. See you soon :)

      Delete