Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Seeing more of Myself... literally

So I went to the dr yesterday.  We went around a little on what possible directions to try next and we settled on looking into 2 things.
1. doing a series of sonograms to make sure that I am, in fact, ovulating (it was day 14 so perfect timing)
2. antibiotics to treat my TEBB (deciding whether or not to do an internal biopsy to see if there is something we can treat for definitively or if we just do the most commonly effective antibiotics)

Ended up that the sono tech was available so I went down the hall and got started on the series.  She found good lining, an open cervix and a 23mm follicle on the left side, wahoo!  The follicle was determined to be definitive so I had to go back this morning to check and see.  I was also told to get busy since I would most likely ovulate later that day or night.  Well she was right!  I O'ed on day 14, what?!  I'm normally an 18-22 day kinda gal!  I love being a week early though.  I'm already in the 2WW rather than evaluating every day for every signal for the next week to try to pinpoint Peak day.

So I'm timidly excited I guess, though I'm not sure why.  I've done this over and over, it feels the same other than the earlier timing and visual confirmation that everything is right.  I guess if this month doesn't work we have to start looking into the next step of things.  Are the sperm and egg really meeting, is the egg good quality, is there a problem with implanting?  Still some questions but I like knowing that I can ovulate on my own and that even if the clomid helped up the estrogen, I've probably been cycling just fine before it and now after it.  So the issue has to be somewhere else?

I'm determined to hope.  I'm willing myself to be hopeful.  Cuz gosh darn it, YOU NEVER KNOW!

3 comments:

  1. Hope - it really does get us through!

    Having faced BB throughout my cycle, I relate very much to your frustrations with it - but YAY for having o'd on CD 14, it's always nice when we IF gals can do something "average" :).

    Thank-you for the sweet comments on my blog - it's always nice to meet someone new! I look forward to following your journey and will be keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you hit it on the head. Anything my body does do that's average seems worth a little celebration :) Obviously I just stumbled on your blog yesterday to your wonderful posts so I will also be adding you to my prayers and my blog feed.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete