Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The benefit of busy

It's p+8 but I'm not as anxious about cycle stuff as I usually am.  (Note the "as usual" not to be confused with no anxiety because I'm always anxious :)

It's been busy around here!  This past week I attended an ordination of Hubs' college buddy.  We left our son with his parents and drove to the big city for 36 hours of Masses and receptions and friends.  It was wonderful.  I won't lie, I felt a little boring, everyone was asking and answering questions about what they do and the big city they just flew in from, and I just didn't feel cool with my answer of, "yeah, I used to work but now I just stay home." <cricket chirp>  Later, as I thought about feeling lame, I thought of how being serious with NaPro can sometimes mean feeling like you have a first/second job you just don't talk about.  The charting, the blood draws, the meds, the vitamins, the paperwork, the tests, surgeries, recoveries, the time researching any possible reason to it...  
it can be a bit, well, much.

It's tradition to ask the newly ordained priests for a "first blessing." When it was our turn Hubs asked specifically for healing from any infertility.  His friend knows we have a little one already but didn't seem shocked that we'd be struggling after that, thank God.  We made a sort of huddle with our arms around him and his hands on our heads and he prayed over us that God might bless us in everything we do and in a special way that we be healed in whatever way we needed.  What peace.  God has given me alot of grace lately in this struggle and I know that even if the healing never comes for our specific intention, God, who is a good God and giver of all perfect gifts, will not completely forget us.  He will either give us the gift we seek or the strength to go without it.  I'm not always in a place where I can say that, but right now, I'm closer than usual.

It's officially my last day in my twenties.  On this Birthday Eve I'm being treated to a musical tonight and various activities tomorrow including Mass, breakfast, park time, a massage, shopping and dinner with friends.  Holy Cow am I blessed!

This coming weekend and all next week will be travelling and with family.  I should be sitting at a BBQ with all my extended fam as AF hits... whee.  But there's so much to bake and pack and plan... I simply can't let impending AF take up any of my time right now.  There is a benefit to being busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment